Please see Handbook for current Tuition Rates
Discounts & Incentives
- Sibling - a discount is granted for each additional sibling enrolled living in the same household at the rate of 3% discount – 2nd student; 7% discount – 3rd student.
- New student credit - a new 1-12th grade student attending a SDA school for the first time, will receive a credit equal to one (1) 11 month payment applied towards May’s tuition bill.
- Referral credit – A referral credit of $400(Elementary) or $700(High School) is applied towards May’s tuition bill for referring students who subsequently enrolls for the year.
- Automatic bank payment (ACH) - $50 discount
Prompt payment of tuition and fees is required of all families and is an essential part of having your child enrolled in a private school.
- Full payment of a family's monthly installment is due on the 15th, and if not received by Smart Tuition by the close of business on the 20th of the month, a fifty dollar ($50.00) late fee will be levied immediately.
- Students with tuition account past due in excess of thirty (2) days, are considered in breach of the registration agreement and conditions of enrollment. In such a situation, notice will be provided by the Academy that full payment of the past due balance must be received within 2 calendar days or the family's child will not be permitted to attend classes.
- Students whose tuition accounts are past due at mid-term exam time, will be prohibited from taking exams.
- Students owing tuition or fees by final exams time, will be prohibited from taking final exams.
- 12th-grade students with past due accounts will be unable to go on the senior class trip
- Graduating students owing tuition or fees by May 15, will not participate in graduation events and will not be able to obtain a diploma until the account is paid in full.
- Any unpaid tuition from previous school years prevents re-enrollment in PHAA. Parents must pay all previous outstanding fees prior to enrollment.
- Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy may use any legal means at its disposal to reclaim funds past due, including the engagement of third-party collection agencies to whom financial details will be passed by the Academy as is permissible by law.
A non-refundable application fee per child is due annually to secure the student’s placement at PHAA. The application fee is due with the application and is based on the following schedule:
- Apply by April 10……Fee
- Apply by June 5…….$50
- Apply After June 5….$100
During the school year, there will be additional expenses for school uniforms, field trips, activity fees, etc. Charges will vary depending on your child's grade and level of involvement. These fees may include the following:
- Parent Volunteer Background Check (Shield the Vulnerable)
|$25 (per parent)
||$2.50/ half hour
Financial aid programs may be available for families who qualify. PHAA will make every effort to see that no child is denied access to a Christian education based solely on lack of funds to pay tuition.
The need for financial aid is reviewed annually and confidentiality is maintained throughout the process.
Families experiencing sudden financial hardships should contact the Academy to make special arrangements for handling the payment of delinquent tuition fees or emergency assistance. Emergency tuition assistance funds are sometimes available. The degree to which PHAA can subsidize those who are unable to pay may vary each year.
Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy offers limited employment to academy students for the purpose of providing financial assistance in fulfilling financial obligations to the academy. To qualify for possible employment, a student must apply, be accepted, and demonstrate his/her intention to attend the academy.
If a parent or family decides to withdraw their child from the Academy during the school year, the Academy requires one month’s written notice, and the parent or family remains responsible for tuition and fees for the full term of this one month period, irrespective of whether the child is physically withdrawn from the Academy by the parents.
New students can cancel their enrollment any time during their first semester with a 1 week written notice.
If a child's enrollment is terminated by the Academy for reasons of behavior or an infraction of school rules, policies, practices or standards, the parent or family of the child remains liable for full payment of all tuition and fees through the end of the calendar month in which the enrollment was terminated, irrespective of whether the child is allowed to remain on campus or in classes.