PHAA Home Page
PHAA'S 4 R’s of Learning
Adventist education is driven by a philosophy outlined in Journey to Excellence which fosters a balanced development of the whole person—physically, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Develop a sense of self-worth, skills in interpersonal relationships, an understanding of the responsibilities of family membership and the ability to respond with sensitivity to the needs of others. (J2E 3)
- Communication Skill – Recognize the value and importance of effective communication and develop the requisite skills. (J2E 7)
- Intellectual Development – Adopt a systematic, logical and biblically-based approach to decision-making and problem-solving when applied to the developing body of knowledge. (J2E 6)
- Commitment to the Church – Desire to know, live and share the message and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. (J2E 2)
- Career and Service – Develop a Christian work ethic with an appreciation for the dignity of service. (J2E 10)
- Acceptance of God – Surrender one’s whole life to God; develop a relationship with Jesus Christ; and allow the Holy Spirit to work in one’s life. (J2E 1)
- Aesthetic Appreciation – Develop an appreciation of the beautiful, both in God’s creation and in human expression, while nurturing individual ability in the fine arts. (J2E 9)
- Responsible Citizen – Develop an understanding of cultural and historical heritages, affirm a belief in the dignityand worth of others and accept responsibility for local, national and global environments.
- Personal Management – Function responsibly in the everyday world using Christian principles of stewardship, economy and personal management. (J2E 8)
- Healthy Balanced Living – Accept personal responsibility for achieving and maintaining optimum physical, mental and spiritual health. (J2E 5)
Visit the Journey to Excellence (J2E) Seventh-day Adventist website.
- Matthew 6:33 – God First
- Romans 12:2 – Lead, Transform the Mind
- Ephesians 4:12 – Service
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 - Reflect the Lord's glory